Friday 17 April 2009

Ever wondered what Love is...?

What is love?

Is it something you can only truly find in one person?
Is there really someone out there made just for you and what are the chances of you finding him/her?

Why is it so hard to figure out?

These are all questions that we've all been asked before and want to know the answer.

'Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds or bends with the remover to remove. Oh no, it is an ever-fixed mark that looks on tempests and is never shaken.' Does that make any sense to you?

Personally, I think it's saying that love is something that lasts for ever and it's something that cannot be changed no matter through what ever difficulty or obstacle, or else it's not actually love.

Or, more likely, it means that love does not seek to change another person to one's own ideals, but accepts his/her love for who they are, as they are. Personal improvement is another story, but as far as personality changes go, I believe they remain unchanged and we accept because we love.

Love is not a fantasy or a feeling, it is as immortal as immaculate truth. Love is when you can say anything around the person and not feel embarrassed or weird. You never feel awkward but like you are always safe. It's like when a new born baby looks into its mother's eyes and lays all it's trust in her to take care of him and to raise him well. Am I still making sense?

My ex boyfriend once got down on his knees in the middle of one of our many fights and shouted, "I am nothing special, just a common man with common thoughts and I've lead a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten but in one respect, I have succeeded as gloriously as anyone who has ever lived, I have loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, that has always been enough."

It's corny but it made me cry and then I knew that he really loved me, he said it before but something in my gut just told me that he really loved me.
Is love something that has to last forever? Or can we experience love in a matter of seconds, days, or months? If a relationship breaks down, does the feeling of love for that person ever leave you - at this point I am not so sure.

What about the love we feel for our family? The love for a family is supposed to be unconditional, something you are born with, but try and remember a time when a family member did something and you realised how much you loved them - think about that feeling, you weren't born with that - you learn that through experience.

No one will ever be able to explain what love is to you, and when you think that they do it right, you'll find out that their version is nothing else but a small piece of what it actually is, because there is no one on the face of the earth that can describe everything about love, there aren't enough words.


You'll find out what love is for yourself, even if you don't know what to expect, when it hits you, you'll know exactly what it is.

14 comments:

  1. Wow, this was amazing. Just the other day I was talking with my friend and we were grappling with this question about love. I still am at a loss as to how to explain or define it. This post said it way better than I could ever express. I've never experienced love (other than through family and friends) but it's how I imagined it to be.

    This was great. Thanks for sharing. I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you used the Shakespeare quote. It's one of my favourites. And I agree with your first analysis of the quote.

    "You'll find out what love is for yourself, even if you don't know what to expect, when it hits you, you'll know exactly what it is." You know what I love about that, it happens when you least expect it too and sometimes, with the most unlikely person too!

    Great post - as always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your post is really very beautiful, he described with great care that can not be described, one must believe, I love all these enormously sentence proves that love still exists, you have a real talent for writing
    loic
    > permuter

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, Sue. Amazing writing!

    "If a relationship breaks down, does the feeling of love for that person ever leave you"

    those are some words to SERIOUSLY think about... from my experience, true love never really dies. I have yet to meet someone who has ever really truly loved someone the way that you describe it and then just stopped loving them. It's definitely not something that can easily be put into words - but you somehow found a way to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "You'll find out what love is for yourself, even if you don't know what to expect, when it hits you, you'll know exactly what it is."

    I completely agree with this :)
    Beautiful post Sue! And I believe we can't measure how long we love someone for, we just do, and if we fall out of love, then there's always the chance to find someone new to fix your broken heart. But that doesn't mean you didn't love the previous person. We can love countless times, and in many ways. Am I making this clear? lol ;)

    xo, Ella

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love really is one of the only things in life that none of us will completely understand and yet it is also the one thing that we cannot live without..

    Loving one person for the rest of your life is scary but at the same time it the best feeling in the world..

    Great post...

    Hugzzz

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post Sue ;)
    As always you find words to describe situations and feelings ... which are difficult to find for everyone !
    Nothing more to add , because others told everything .
    What your ex-boyfriend said : Isn't it the monologue in the beginning of "The Notebook" ? sweet lol

    Great post , Thanks for sharing
    -Marion

    ReplyDelete
  8. The postings on your site are always excellent. Thanks for iessaywriter.com the great share and keep up this great work! All the best to you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, Wow all the posts are very informative for the people who visit this site. Good work! We also have a Blog.Please feel free to visit our site. Thank you for sharing.@ Packers and Movers Ahmedabad

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing valuable information and useful post. I enjoyed reading this post and nice info always.... Packers And Movers Bangalore

    Packers and Movers JP Nagar Bangalore
    Packers And Movers Mohali

    ReplyDelete